Support CFI Michigan as a volunteer! Now is a great time to get involved.
Get started by completing your Volunteer Profile.
Once your profile is completed you will be contacted by our Volunteer Coordinator to set up your training and discuss current and upcoming volunteer opportunities. You’ll also be added to our CFI MI Volunteer Email list, which is used to notify volunteers of new and upcoming opportunities.
We rely on volunteers to make much of our programming possible. Based on your interest you can be come an ongoing volunteer, or you can be an “on call” volunteer and accept one-time volunteer opportunities announced through our volunteer email list. Complete your Volunteer Profile to be added to the email list.
Those who use Facebook you will also be invited to join our CFI MI Volunteers Group, which is another way to find out about volunteer opportunities. If you’ve completed your volunteer profile, you can click on the link above and request to be added to the Facebook group.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Cindy Krieg, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-698-2342.
Our volunteer opportunities change periodically, but here are some of the areas that we regularly need volunteers. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for current opportunities.
Events & Programming
- Help out at Educational and Social Events: assist with Setup/Teardown, staffing Information or Merchandise Tables
- Tell people about CFI’s Programs at our Outreach Tabling at Local Festivals and events
- Become an Event Host for a discussion or social event
- Speak at an Educational Lecture
Social Action & Advocacy
- Join our Advocacy Response Team: to receive periodic emails with Urgent Advocacy Actions you can take on pending legislation and advocacy issues related to CFI’s Mission at the state and federal levels. You’ll also be notified of advocacy training opportunities, and other opportunities to help track legislation and assist with advocacy projects.
- Put your values into action through community service as part of our Secular Service Program
- Assist CFI Members in need as part of our Food for Comfort Network (A project of our Secular Service Program).
- Assist with Office/Clerical Tasks to support our programs
- Help with Fundraising/Grant Writing
- Help with Publicity/Marketing to promote our programming
- Assist with Writing/Editing/Proofreading or Graphic Design projects
Technical/ Audio/ Visual
- Help run our Audio/Visual equipment at events
- Help with Photography, Videography, Video Editing/Duplication