Center for Inquiry–Michigan is currently seeking applicants for a Non-Profit Video Production Intern. Internship openings are available for fall, summer and winter semesters.
Internship Type: Unpaid part-time, 10-20 hours/week. (Internship length/total hours negotiable to meet degree requirements).
About CFI: The mission of Center for Inquiry is to foster a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values. CFI–MI works to accomplish this mission through educational events for members & the public, as well as outreach, social, family events, and community service.
Summary: The Video Production Intern will work directly with the Executive Director of CFI–Michigan to plan and facilitate the digitization and post production of videos from CFI–Michigan’s educational lectures and assist with other related projects.
Internship Responsibilities: The internship will include opportunities to develop skills in:
- Digitizing videos: digital video capture and conversion from MiniDV tapes.
- Editing digitized videos including sound leveling, onscreen titles, quality control and all needed post-production tasks to produce professional videos and prepare for distribution.
- Assisting with videography at upcoming educational lectures on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Assisting with duplication and distribution of finished videos and/or assist with uploading to online media platforms (YouTube, etc.).
- Experience or pursuing a degree in video editing/production preferred.
- Experience in Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro, and Adobe After Effects required. Must have excellent computer, writing and communication skills.
- Experience with audio production, interactive media, non-linear editing and general video editing and post-production is strongly preferred.
- Experience with other Adobe Creative Suite applications, as well as Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office Suite is also preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter is essential, as well as being able to working in various size groups in-person and remotely.
- Comfortable communicating and promoting the mission of Center for Inquiry with members and the public.
How to Apply for an Internship at CFI–Michigan
To be considered for an internship please submit:
- Your resume.
- A letter of interest outlining: your internship goals, program requirements, why you are interested in an an internship at CFI–Michigan, and a statement verifying you are comfortable communicating the mission of CFI.
- At least two (2) samples of your writing skills. (PDF’s or web links are preferred. We will also accept files from Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Suite programs.)
- Applicants may also submit samples of graphic design, web development, photography or videography work (if applicable).
- Any additional materials requested for specific internships – see descriptions above for details.
Submit application by Email to michigan[at]centerforinquiry.net.
Contact Jennifer Beahan, Program Director, by email or call 616-706-2029.