Center for Inquiry Michigan is currently seeking applicants for a Non-Profit Event Planning Intern. Internship openings are available for fall, summer and winter semesters.
Internship Type: Unpaid part-time, 10-20 hours/week. (Internship length/total hours negotiable to meet degree requirements).
About CFI: The mission of Center for Inquiry is to foster a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values. CFI MI works to accomplish this mission through educational events for members & the public, as well as outreach, social, family events, and community service.
Summary: The Event Planning Intern will work directly with the Program Director of CFI Michigan to plan and facilitate educational programming and social events, as well as assist with program development and day-to-day operations of CFI Michigan.
Internship Responsibilities: The internship will include opportunities to develop skills in:
- Event Planning: organizing and facilitating ongoing educational and social event programming with CFI Staff and volunteers.
- Program Development: working with staff and Advisory Board to develop action plans for implementing strategic planning goals, and new programming.
- Volunteer management: assisting with training and coordinating volunteers for upcoming events.
- Membership/Donor management: helping increase membership engagement and donor retention through communicating with members and assisting with membership renewals/ donation processing.
- Office Administration: assisting with database management, accounting, website updates, social media, and event publicity/marketing.
- Experience or pursuing a degree in non-profit administration or management, event planning, business, education, or related field is preferred.
- Must have excellent computer and writing skills: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency using internet based programs is required; experience with Adobe Creative Suite is helpful.
- Must be a reliable, self-motivated and independent worker who is also comfortable working in small and large group situations, as well as various work environments, and in management roles as needed.
- Comfortable communicating and promoting the mission of Center for Inquiry with members and the public.
How to Apply for an Internship at CFI Michigan
To be considered for an internship please submit the following by email to michigan[at]centerforinquiry.org:
- Your resume.
- A letter of interest outlining: Why you are interested in an an internship at CFI Michigan, and a statement verifying you are comfortable communicating the mission of CFI, your internship goals, and any program requirements (if for college credit).
- At least two (2) samples of your writing skills. (PDF’s or web links are preferred. We will also accept files from Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Suite programs.)
- Applicants may also submit samples of graphic design, web development, photography or videography work (if applicable).
- Any additional materials or work samples relevant to this internship’s qualifications – see descriptions above for details.
Contact Jennifer Beahan, Executive Director, by email or call 616-698-2342 x801.