October 25, 2018
CFI Michigan needs your support now more than ever!
The relentless attacks on science, reason, and civil liberties in our current political climate have continued to increase. CFI has been on the front line fighting to defend the rights of secular individuals, and to keep religion and pseudoscience out of public policy, but we need your support to continue our important work.
Become a CFI Member today and join us in the fight!
As a gift for your support, everyone who becomes a member at the Planet level (or above) by November 4th will receive a FREE book of their choice from a selection of secular, skeptic, and science themed books by authors who have previously spoken at CFI Michigan.
Take your membership to the next level! Show your love for CFI by increasing your support, and get even greater rewards.
Current members can receive a FREE book by renewing or upgrading their membership to a higher level during the Fall Membership Drive!
Can I Renew Early?
Yes! When you renew your membership, your benefits are automatically extended for twelve months from the existing expiration date.
Why should I become a Member?
When you join CFI, you give voice to your values and become part of a worldwide movement of humanists, skeptics, atheists, and freethinkers, all working together to promote a secular worldview.
We need your financial support to sustain the 150+ events we organize each year across Michigan, including educational lectures, discussion groups, and social events, as well as our advocacy efforts to keep religion out of public policy.
Unfortunately, due to rising prices and factors out of our control, our programming expenses have continued to increase. If we do not raise enough money to cover our expenses this year we face cuts to our budget for next year. Help us ensure this does not happen – Join today!
For over twenty-five years, Center for Inquiry has been an authoritative and credible voice, dedicated to defending science, critical thinking, free expression, and working to keep religion from infecting public policy and suppressing human rights. From the grassroots to the United Nations, from podcasts and videos to world-renowned publications and landmark international conferences, CFI advocates for a more enlightened world.
Join CFI, and help us build a better,
healthier, freer world for everyone.
Here are just a few ways CFI has put your membership dollars to work this year:
- CFI’s Office of Public Policy has been working at the national level to protect the separation of church and state by preventing the repeal of the Johnson Amendment, as part of a broad coalition of non-profit organizations and churches, who want to keep partisan politics away from the work and funding of nonprofits.
- CFI has filed a lawsuit to amend Michigan’s marriage laws to allow CFI’s trained Secular Celebrants to legally solemnize weddings, so secular citizens in Michigan can have a wedding officiant and ceremony that represents their views.
- CFI Michigan staff lobbied to oppose a bill to license, and thus legitimize, the unscientific and unproven practices of naturopathic “physicians.” We learned just last week, due to our efforts, that the committee won’t even give the bill a hearing, so it will “die” at the end of the legislative session this year!
- CFI Michigan also raised awareness of inappropriate conservative religious influences in revisions to Michigan’s Social Studies standards. Through our members and allies speaking out against the changes at public hearings, the state was forced to delay a vote to approve the standards and is creating a new task force to re-evaluate the revisions.
With your support as a CFI member,
we will continue this important work!
- FREE Book offer is valid until supplies run out. Members will be sent a discount code and link to choose from the list of available books after completing their membership. Available quantities vary by book. Books will be mailed to members approximately 2–3 weeks after the end of the membership drive
- CFI memberships are valid at all CFI events across the country, including local community events at any CFI branch and national CFI and RDF events and conferences.
- Remember to always designate your membership and donations to CFI Michigan. All designated memberships and donations are split: 80 percent to the CFI MI budget for local programming and 20 percent to administrative support from our national office.
- Memberships expire one year from the end of the month in which the membership was started. Annual memberships do not auto-renew. Monthly memberships will auto-renew, if the payment credit card is still valid and payments are still being processed.
- If you have any questions please contact Jennifer Beahan at 616-698-2342 x801 or email@example.com.