August 2, 2017
Support CFI–Michigan as a volunteer! Now is a great time to get involved.
Get started by completing your Volunteer Profile. Once your profile is completed you will be contacted by our Volunteer Coordinator to set up your training.
We rely on volunteers to make much of our programming possible. Based on your interest you can be come an ongoing volunteer, or you can be an “on call” volunteer and accept one-time volunteer opportunities that are announced through our volunteer email list. To be added to the email list complete your Volunteer Profile.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Cindy Krieg, at email@example.com or call 616-698-2342.
Our volunteer opportunities change periodically. To find out if there are current needs in a particular area contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
Events & Programming
- Help out at Educational Events/Lecture: Volunteers assist with Setup/Teardown, staffing Information or Merchandise Tables
- Tell people about CFI’s Programs at our Outreach Tabling at Local Festivals and events
- Become an Event Host for a small event
- Speak at an Educational Lecture
- Put your values into action through community service as part of our Secular Service Program
- Assist CFI Members in need as part of our Food for Comfort Network
- Assist with Office/Clerical Tasks to support our programs
- Help with Fundraising/Grant Writing
- Help promote our programming by helping with marketing/publicity
- Assist with Writing/Editing/Proofreading or Visual Design projects
Technical/ Audio/ Visual
- Help run our Audio/Visual equipment at events
- Help with Photography, Videography, Video Editing/Duplication
Advocacy Response Team
Over the next four years the Center for Inquiry has quite the fight ahead of us to resist harmful initiatives that threaten the rights of secular individuals and defend our shared ideals of reason, science, and secular values.
We need your Help! We’ve created the Michigan Advocacy Response Team to enable you and CFI Members across Michigan to join us in the fight!
Complete the form below to Sign-up for the CFI MI Advocacy Response Team and get started as a Citizen Activist today.
- Not sure what you can commit to? No worries! Each time you receive an update, you choose whether to participate. Details for Advocacy Actions or projects will be listed in each email. If you’re unable to take action, no response is required.
- Everyone who signs-up will be added to the CFI MI Advocacy Response Team Email List – we’ll use this to send you periodic emails with Urgent Advocacy Actions on pending legislation, Advocacy training opportunities, and upcoming advocacy projects that we need help to accomplish.
- Sign-up for CFI’s National Advocacy Alerts in our national email system – You’ll receive periodic emails (usually one or two a month) from our Alert System with information on how to call/email legislators about specific issues, usually at the national/Federal level.
- Help Track New & Pending Legislation: Work with the Advocacy Leadership Team to keep an eye on new legislation based on CFI’s advocacy priorities.
- Join the CFI MI Advocacy Response Leadership Team – The Leadership Team works with the Advocacy Committee to track legislation, set advocacy priorities, and help develop response plans, talking points and call scripts for various pieces of legislation and advocacy issues
Make a Sustaining Monthly Gift or One Time Donation
Help us to fulfill our mission of defending reason, science and secular values by financially supporting Center for Inquiry. Become a CFI Member with a donation of $60 or more.
Sustaining Monthly donations allow you to make a sizable gift to support our ongoing program, while being an affordable part of your personal budget. A gift of as little as $28/month adds up to a $1000 donation as a 3-year pledge. Pledges of all sizes and one-time donations are appreciated. We need your support!
Sign up for the CFI–Michigan Discussion E-mail List
The CFI–Michigan e-mail list is an unmoderated discussion list (formerly the Michigan Humanist and Freethinkers list). This list is a good place to discuss ideas with fellow freethinkers from throughout Michigan and the United States.