- This event has passed.
Café Inquiry – ONLINE: Pandemic Strategies (Grand Rapids)Date:
Sunday, April 12, 2020
Online Meeting – Link in Event Details
Frank Crownover or Jessica Wolin
This month we will be discussing: Pandemic Strategies – How Different Nations are Managing the Coronavirus Outbreak.
Here are some suggested readings for the discussion. Read as few or as many as you would like, or bring your thoughts from any other articles. Also feel free to read other articles. There are a lot of them out there.
- A German Exception? Why the Country’s Coronavirus Death Rate Is Low – New York Times
- ‘The Fields Heal Everyone’: Post-Soviet Leaders’ Coronavirus Denial – New York Times
- In the Coronavirus Fight in Scandinavia, Sweden Stands Apart – New York Times
- How South Korea Flattened the Coronavirus Curve – New York Times
- At the Epicenter of the Covid-19 Pandemic and Humanitarian Crises in Italy: Changing Perspectives on Preparation and Mitigation – Catalyst
Café Inquiry is a casual event starting with a short 10-15 minute introduction of the day’s topic followed by open discussion.
Members are welcome to propose and schedule a topic which would be of interest toward establishing a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values. Please contact us if you have a topic that you would like to discuss at an upcoming Café Inquiry.
Café Inquiry (Grand Rapids) meets on the second and fourth Sundays of each month.
CFI MI values the full participation for all attendees at our events, including individuals with disabilities, in accordance with our Event Culture and Expectations Policy. Requests for reasonable accommodation may be made by contacting the event host at least three days prior to the event.
Cost: FREE / Donations Appreciated. Ways to Support CFI & Donate Online