Center for Inquiry is fighting to keep religion and pseudoscience out of public policy, and resisting harmful initiatives that threaten the rights of secular individuals and defend our shared ideals of reason, science, and secular values.
We need your Help! We’ve created the Michigan Advocacy Response Team to enable you and CFI Members across Michigan to join us in the fight as Citizen Activists!
As part of the CFI MI Advocacy Response Team you will…
- Be added to the CFI MI Advocacy Response Team Email List – and we will send you periodic emails with Urgent Advocacy Actions on pending legislation, Advocacy training opportunities, and upcoming advocacy projects that we need help to accomplish.
- Not sure what you can commit to? No worries! Each time you receive an update, you choose whether to participate. Details for Advocacy Actions or projects will be listed in each email. If you’re unable to take action, no response is required.
- Have the option to sign-up for CFI’s National Advocacy Alerts in our national email system – You’ll receive periodic emails (usually one or two a month) from our Office of Public Policy with information on how to call/email legislators about specific issues, usually at the national/Federal level.
- Have the opportunity to help Track New & Pending Legislation by working with CFI Staff and Advocacy Leadership Team to keep an eye on new legislation based on CFI’s advocacy priorities.
- Have the option to join the CFI MI Advocacy Response Leadership Team to work with the CFI MI Advocacy Committee to track legislation, set advocacy priorities, and help develop response plans, talking points and call scripts for various pieces of legislation and advocacy issues