Center for Inquiry is fighting to keep religion and pseudoscience out of public policy, and resisting harmful initiatives that threaten the rights of secular individuals and defend our shared ideals of reason, science, and secular values.
We need your Help! The CFI MI Advocacy Response Team enables you and CFI Members all across Michigan to join us in the fight as Citizen Activists to defend Science, Reason, and Secular Values!
As part of the CFI MI Advocacy Response Team you will…
- Receive periodic emails from the Advocacy Response Team Email List with Urgent Advocacy Actions when troubling legislation is introduced. We’ll also send information about Advocacy Training opportunities, and volunteer opportunities to help with upcoming advocacy projects. (usually once a month).
- No ongoing commitment is required! Each time you receive an email, you can choose whether to participate. Details for Advocacy Actions or projects are listed in each email.
- Be added to CFI’s National Advocacy Alert List to take action on national issues/federal legislation from our Office of Public Policy (usually once a month).
- Have the opportunity to help Track New & Pending Legislation by working with CFI Staff and Advocacy Leadership Team to keep an eye on new legislation based on CFI’s advocacy priorities.
- Have the option to join the CFI MI Advocacy Response Leadership Team to work with the CFI MI Advocacy Committee to track legislation, set advocacy priorities, and develop response plans, talking points and call scripts for various legislation and advocacy issues